|Shortcode, Catalog Shortcode, Course Link, Deep Link, Catalog View, Course URL, Catalog URL, Catalog Link|
Shortcode links are unique URLs that point to the public location of a course in the course catalog. These URLs can be sent to users to point them to specific courses in the catalog, and ask them to enroll via the link. Please see the instructions below for generating these links:
Old Catalog / v1 View
1. Click on the 'Learning Assets' menu from the Administrator toolbar on the left-hand side of the LMS.
2. Select 'Courses' from the menu.
3. Select a Course.
4. Select Course properties.
5. Look for the field 'Catalog Shortcode':
6. Type in a code for the course to generate the URL: i.e (123456).
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
8. Click the green “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page. Once this is selected, the URL for the shortcode will generate. The link will be made visible on the properties page:
New Catalog / v2 View
1. Click on the 'Interface and Layout' button from the Administrator toolbar on the left-hand side of the LMS.
2. Click on 'Themes.'
3. In the catalog section, confirm that you have “Use next generation catalog experience” turned on.
4. Navigate to a course in the catalog at the top of the screen.
5. Your screen should look like this in the course catalog view:
6. Click on desired course. Our example is "Baseball as the best sport”:
*Notice that the URL has changed to have a course id. This is your link / catalog shortcode to use for URLs to send to anyone who needs them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.